Wednesday, October 21, 2009

360 Tour

Last night Mike and I got to go to the U2 concert. Can I just tell you that I have NEVER EVER been disappointed with one of their shows. Bono, The Edge, Larry, and Adam put on quite a show. Last night they played for over 2 hours straight - no breaks. And how amazing do you have to be to actually have the Black Eyed Peas open for you. Fergie was pretty awesome too; boy that girl can really sing.


(The stag was massive and was just WOW!)

Mike and I got off to a rough start being stuck in traffic FOREVER. As most of you know I am a HUGE U2 fan and so being stuck in traffic missing any part of the show was very very stressful. I didn't pay money to sit on the freeway or in the parking lot for almost 2 hours. When we finally did get to the parking lot Mike kicked me out of the car. (It is ok I totally deserved it because I just kept yelling at the stupid traffic directors and I don't do very well in traffic with Mike driving.)

Then to make matters worse I see a guy coming out of the bushes pulling up his pants and doing up his belt. Really he did just use the bathroom in the bushes when we were so close to the stadium. At that point I had had enough. I shook my head at him and and said "You are disgusting!" He told me he couldn't wait and I pointed to the building and said it is right there you couldn't wait that long. This was his direct quote "Well that is like 300 yards away and I just couldn't make it." Really dude really it wasn't even that far away and plus you are 50 not some little kid that can't hold it.



The night did end GREAT and we left during the very very last song (we heard most of it walking around the stadium). I just didn't want to get stuck in the parking lot and Mike for sure didn't want to get stuck in the parking lot with me again or I may have had to walk home.

Black Eyed Peas


U2
Black Eye Peas
(Sorry it is pretty crappy video)


U2 AMAZING. When Can I see you again????

(I told Mike in Paris 2010, but I don't know if he will go for that.)


2 comments:

Dianne said...

I'm so jealous you got to see them! Remember when we logged onto a zillion computers in the Tanner Building to try to get tickets? And then saw them in both Phoenix and Salt Lake? We are awesome.

Thanks for posting!

Love you!

Dianne said...

Oh, and you know I'd do Paris 2010 :-)