Saturday, April 24, 2010

BABY Lincoln

Baby Lincoln arrived Thursday, April 22nd at 8:57 pm. He weights 7 lbs 11 oz and was 21" long. He has a full head of dark hair.


Grant even got to hold him when he came to visit. Grant wasn't too sure about him yet. He still thought Lincoln was in my tummy and the baby was just another baby. After holding Lincoln for a minute Grant started telling us "back, back". I guess he was ALL done holding Lincoln and wanted Lincoln to go back to his crib.


Thursday I had contractions pretty much throughout the day while at work. They weren't painful but I they were pretty consistent. About 3:00 in the afternoon is when they started to get more and more uncomfortable. I still didn't think much of them until I told a coworker that I was pretty sure I was going to have the baby in the next couple of days. She asked if I was having contractions and I told her I was. She volunteered to time them. At first I told her no, it is fine I will just keep working and go home at 4:30. However, the contractions started getting more painful so I instant messaged her and told her when they would start and stop. At 4:00 pm is when I finally decided I better go home. I called Mike on my way home. He went and picked Grant up from the sitter and met me at home.

When I got home I had to finish packing the hospital bag and an overnight bag for Grant because I wasn't prepared and was planning on doing all that on Saturday.

We arrived at the hospital at 5:30. Travis met us at the hospital and took Grant from us. Mike and I got checked in and the hospital admitted me because I was already dilated to a six. I got my epidural and the doctor came and broke my water at about 7pm. Two hours and lots of pushing later Lincoln arrived. Lincoln arrived in the same fashion as Grant with his hand up by his face. Little stinkers don't they know that it takes more work to get them out when they do that.

We came home last night from the hospital and are doing great.

12 comments:

lrbodine said...

Congrats! You look wonderful and Lincoln is a cutie. So far you've used my two favorite boy names - good thing I keep having girls! Enjoy your new little one.

Ralina said...

You look great Jolynn, and Congrats to you guys! That's cute that Grant said "Back Back". When Creighton was born that is what Connor said also. How fun to have two boys to grow up together.

Susanne said...

Congratulations! I've been really wondering about Lincoln's story.

I agree with everyone else--you look great! What a tough woman you are!

Ashley said...

Wow, he came fast! He looks darling, and like everyone else said you look amazing! Lincoln is a great name. Congrats!

Unknown said...

Congrats! How fun, good luck. Get rest when you can...you'll need it!

Meedy said...

Congratulations you guys! That is a great story. I am glad that everything went well. He looks like such a cute and I like the name Lincoln. I can't wait to see and hear more!

Bethany said...

Hooray! Congratulations! We love his name and we are happy he is here safe!

Lauren said...

He is adorable Jo. We are so happy for you guys.

Jenna said...

Congratulations Jolynn!! Are you sure you were even pregnant? You sure look fabulous. And that baby is SO sweet :)

Lisa Mc said...

Way to go my dear friend! He is beautiful and you look fabulous. I am so happy for you and your growing family. Isn't it crazy to think that you are now a mother of two? Congratulations!

Kasey Strong said...

Congratulations! What a darling little family you have.

Robyn said...

I'm a little late, but congrats! You look amazing! Cute baby, cute name. I loved the picture in Utah where you couldn't wake him up to eat. What a sweet baby.