Sunday, February 26, 2012

My Superhero Turns 4

Grant has really been into Superheros lately so we decided to throw him a superhero themed party.  Since Christmas Grant asked everyday if today was his birthday.  I guess 4 was a big birthday for him and he couldn't wait.  Grant's birthday fell in the middle of the week and Mike surprised us on coming home.  It was a great surprise because the kids had been sick and I was at my wits end. 

We had Grant's party on the Saturday following his birthday.  He invited a few of his friends from preschool and from our neighborhood.  I made everybody capes and masks for all the kids.  We had a few girls coming so I made them all Wonder Woman capes.

   
The kids arrived and received their capes and masks and then were given a lunch bag full of lunch goodies.  Grant requested a honey sandwich for lunch so that is what all the kids had.  (I bought the custom tags off of etsy for a few dollars and they turned out great.) 

   

After lunch we played pin the superhero on the city.  The kids thought it was great.  Only a few of the kids actually missed the city. 


  
All the kids showing off their superheros.

Grant loved his cake.  I wish I could take credit for the cute idea but I actually found it on pinterest.  Thanks to the marshmallow fondant that I had stashed in my freezer I was able to pull the cake off pretty quick. 



Mike was in charge of the last activity because it was a superhero obstacle course.  It was supposed to be a nice day but the it was windy and cold.  The kids didn't care because Mike had set up an amazing obstacle course.  The kids LOVED it and actually ran the course several different times. 


 
We decided to give Grant a bike for his birthday.  He was NOT excited about it at all.  He had his eye on an orange gun at Walmart and was completely devastated when he didn't get his orange gun and got his bike instead.  He eventually came around and he loves his bike now. 

No comments: