Sunday, April 19, 2009

Vacation!! Vacation!!

This past week was a fun filled trip with my family to Oceanside, CA. It was a great family trip to see family and of course hang out at the happiest place on earth (aka Disneyland).

Grant enjoyed playing with his cousins. Of course they even taught him how to give "ROCKS" which is when you punch fists together. Grant thinks it is great and even follows the fist punch with a "Cha-ya" sound. I think Grant waved at everybody he could possibly see. We would be putting the stroller in the car and another car would drive by and Grant would start waving at them. It was great because most people waved back and Grant got a huge smile on his face.

Grant enjoyed Disneyland (at least I hope he did). He seemed to like the dance parade and Playhouse Disney. Of course he got scared in Pirates, Snow White, and Peter Pan, because all of them get really dark. He loved the big paddle boat that we rode around Tom Sawyers island because he got to see the ducks and water.

Mike took Grant to the beach a couple of times and Grant loved the water and sand.





Grant watching the dance parade with Grandma.


Grant and Grandma at the Pier.


Me and Grant on the paddle boat.

Grant enjoying the water and the ducks.


Grant just hugged Mike for a long time while we waited for the carousel to start. I have never seen Grant give a love for that long. It was just so sweet.





5 comments:

Susanne said...

Grant is SO cute!!! Thanks for sharing, Jolynn.

Suddenly in those pictures I see a huge resemblance to Mike. In the past he's just looked so much more like Jolynn to me.

Mike, you are such a great Dad to just let Grant hold onto you for so long in front of the carousel. I bet it was rejuvenating to his spirit.

Lauren said...

Awesome pics Jo! Looks like it was a lot of fun. I can't wait until we can bring Kaden and join you guys at Disneyland--my FAVORITE place.

Unknown said...

I must admit...I'm a bit jealous! I SO want/need a vacation and Disneyland would be a delight! I'm happy you got to get away & enjoy family & fun! :)

Meedy said...

What a fun trip! It looks like you had a blast! Disney is such a happy place. It is fun to hear about your cute family!

Dianne said...

What a good looking family! Glad you got to take a much needed vacation!