Thursday, May 21, 2009

Thankful for the Smiles...

Ok, I don't know what parent doesn't love a kid's smile. Seeing children happy should make everybody happy and put a smile on their face. I know my kid's smile makes my day.

Grant just has the sweetest smile ever. I love just turning around in the car because he will usually smile at me. What more could I ask for from a 16 month old.

When I come home from work Grant is usually in the other room with Mike. Once Grant hears the door open he starts saying "Mama" and runs to the door to greet me. It is great. Most of the time I get a sweet smile and a full arm wave, but other times he is too busy sucking his thumb.



Grant has turned into a talking machine. He tries to say so many words and he also loves to make certain animal sounds (mooing, meowing, and crowing). I am not sure why he has such a fascination with cows, cats, and roosters but those are the only sounds that he will do on demand and when he sees pictures of them. Forget the names of the animals it is much better to actually repeat their sounds.

Grant also has a great appreciation for food. When he likes something a lot he will tell you by saying "mmmm". I am not sure where he learned that since Mike and I don't do that when we like our food. But for some reason Grant knows that is what you say when you really really like it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Super, dooper cute! A smile or giggle totally changes my mood! They are so sweet, aren't they? :)

Alyson Ryan said...

I found your blog! Your little boy is adorable. Can we clone him please? We would like one just like him!