Monday, November 30, 2009

Giving Thanks

Last week we spent the week in Utah. (Sorry we missed seeing a lot of friends and family while we were there, but time just got away from us.) It was great to spend time with family. We spent a couple of days at my dad's house in a huge mess. My dad had just had a pipe break in his basement a couple of days before we got there so the whole basement was a disaster. However, we made the best of the situation and Grant got to know Grand-dad a little better. Saturday night after we got there my sister came down with her kids and they had Grant running until 10:00 pm. He was just going going going. What more could he ask for than attention from 4 cousins that can't leave him alone.



We spent the rest of the week at my mom's house where Grant actually got to catch up on his sleep. Grant sleeps in a pack'n'play in the walk in closet. It is away from the action at my mom's house so he slept through all the noise of the kids and everything else.



I spent most of the week running errands and shopping with my mom and my sisters. Of course we did end up shopping on "Black Friday" which is CRAZY and it might be another few years before I do it again. Grant spent most of the week playing with his cousins and taking 3-4 hour naps during the day. Mike was a trooper and spent his days working, watching Grant, or following me around with my family. Mike also spent some time at his brother's house.

It is great to see family but we always miss them when it is time to come home. Grant was ready to come home. We walked into our house on Sunday night and he just kept saying "back, back".

(Sorry I have some pictures but don't have my cord with me right now!)

1 comment:

Ralina said...

We loved having you guys over for a visit. It was fun hanging out. It will be fun to see you more at Christmas!