Sunday, August 15, 2010

Change

"Continuity gives us roots; change gives us branches, letting us stretch and grow and reach new heights." ~Pauline R. Kezer

Change is a funny thing. We all seem to like it but hate it at the same time. Why is that?

Well as changes enters my life over the next few months I have mixed emotions and I hope I am able to let myself stretch and grow to reach new heights.

We will be MOVING to a small town just north of Phoenix named Cottonwood (it is near Sedona). The population is just over 11,000 people. As you drive through Old Town Cottonwood you feel like you just stepped into the movie "Cars". It seems like a great little town but the word 'little' scares me slightly.

Picture of Old Town Cottonwood


The move seems to be happening so quickly. Mike had the interview on a Friday got offered the job on Monday and was scheduled to start basically two weeks later which just happens to be tomorrow. He is so excited about the opportunity and can't wait to get started.


(Where Mike will be working.)

For the next few months I will basically be a single parent while Mike is working in Cottonwood during the week and I will be living in Mesa taking care of the kiddos and working pretty much full time. We are trying to get a lay of the land before we move the whole family up. Hopefully we will be able to find something.

6 comments:

Ashley said...

Wow that is big news! Good luck on the move and adjusting!

Gabbitas Family said...

Congrats to you guys! Let me know if you need help with anything. i can help watch your boys or whatever.

Lisa Mc said...

Good luck my friend. If anyone can juggle it all, you can. Wish you the best in your new adventure.

Ralina said...

Wow! What an exciting new adventure for you guys. I hope you move and adjust ok and things go smoothly. That is exciting Mike got the job. Congrats!

Michelle said...

I am excited for you, yet so sad. I don't want you guys to move!!

I am sure that it will be good though. You'll figure out where to go and everything. If you need any help, please let me know! I am not too far away. :)

Robyn said...

Wow, Jolynn! That will be quite a change, but I bet it will be wonderful. Living somewhere like that will give your kids a chance to hopefully roam free a bit. Good luck!