Sunday, August 22, 2010

Who needs a HUSBAND?

This was our first week without Mike and we seemed to survive just fine. Grant and Lincoln were so great this week. Lincoln survived by playing on his play mat (lion blanket) for hours on end. He would talk and coo to his toys. Lincoln did great during the evening which is usually his fussy time. Grant started out the week asking for 'dad' but I told him he was at work in Cottonwood. He got to talk on the phone to Mike a couple of times which was good. On Friday night when Mike walked through the door Grant busted into tear telling Mike "Luke pushed me." Grant was super tired from playing at his cousin Luke's house most of the day and I am pretty sure he was glad to see his dad so he just thought of the first thing that came into his mind. Most of the time he tells me "Preston bite me" and it will have been days since he has even been to Preston's house.

The boys went to the sitter's house two days this week when I need to work in the office. Thankfully I have a great sitter that LOVES Lincoln and pretty much holds him most of the day. Grant loves to go to the sitter's house because she has a son, Preston, that is just a few months older than Grant. Grant usually yells "hooray Preston's house" when I tell him we are going or when we pull up to the house. I think maybe he likes it there despite the biting.

I kept the house clean, the kids clean and fed and worked 30 hours. So it was pretty much a great week.

Don't get me wrong I do love my husband and there will be times that I will desperately need him and he won't be here, but I know that I can survive without him if I have to (well at least for a week).

3 comments:

Susanne said...

Great job, Jolynn. The list of your accomplishments is heroic--especially with a baby. You could've just sat around moping about all you have to do without Mike--but, no, that would be so unlike you.

Unknown said...

I SO know what you mean about not needing them, but really needing them. ;) It's doable without them, but you realize that you actually like them around, too! Good job!

Phil and Karen said...

Jolynn,
My husband read your blog and laughed. He said, you haven't commented yet. I said, No, why? He said, I thought you would jump all over that because you called yourself a single mom for almost 5 years. I laughed. It is rough, but YES, amazingly we can survive without them, but it is SOOOO nice to have them around! Hope the move is a great one!