Sunday, November 7, 2010

San Francisco



A couple of weeks ago Mike and I went to San Francisco with several of my co-workers for the weekend. We had such a blast and it was great to actually get away from real life for a little while.



We rented bikes at Pier 39 and rode across the Golden Gate bridge. It started out to be a beautiful over cast morning.



Along our ride we got to see these amazing little house that face the bay. I thought they were beautiful and added such character to the street. Most of the houses had big front windows and they all seemed to have a beautiful center piece sitting on a table in front of the window for everybody to see.

(I had to try to take the picture while I was riding my bike. I think the runners that kept running past thought I was crazy. I am surprised I didn't crash.)






We made it across the bridge and it started to rain when we were about half way across. We finally made it to Sausalito where we took a break for a late lunch. Thankfully we had planned on riding ferry back across the bay to San Francisco.




On Sunday we went to the Aquarium while we waited for our boat to Alcatraz. It was pretty cool to see all the great things they had at the Aquarium.



Sunday was a rainy rainy day. As you can see Mike is loving the weather on Alcatraz. You would never have thought we had spent most of the morning inside with how wet we were by the time we got to Alcatraz. Thankfully the Alcatraz tour was mostly inside.


(The MediServe crew)

We did get a reprieve from the rain late afternoon on Sunday. Of course by the time we made it back to our hotel we were wet and cold and ready for a warm shower. However, the hotel had lost power and had no idea when the power would be back up and running. The power in the hotel didn't come back on until Monday morning. Poor Mike had to pack in the dark and take a cold shower on Monday morning to catch a flight back to Phoenix.

We did have a blast though and loved having a weekend away.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you got to run away! We all need to refresh the marriage every now & then, right?! SF is one place I have never been & will go to someday :) That was supposed to be our "Anniversary trip" this year until we were invited to Hawaii...We chose the latter ;) You look great, btw!