Saturday, April 23, 2011

HaPPy BiRthDaY to YOU

Happy Birthday to my little Lincoln. We love him SOOO much. He is a joy and brings so much happiness into our home even when he shows his stubborn side.



We had a party for Lincoln today. We started the party with the Cottonwood Easter Egg hunt. Marilee came with her kids and so did Dan and Susanne with their kids. Grant loved having the extra kids to hang out with.

Lincoln didn't really care about getting the eggs or the candy. He just want to sit and smile for me.



Mike gave the twins and Grant their instructions on how to get the eggs and candy.



Grant did great at first and ran to get his candy and eggs. When it was time for the parents to help I was telling him to run and run go get the candy and the eggs. I think he didn't know where I was so he ended up crying.



We had lunch at our house after (thanks for every body's help). We did Panini sandwiches with salads. The kids loved making up their own creations.



Then came the fun part with cake and ice cream. I made Lincoln a monkey cake. We decided on a monkey cake several weeks ago when I was looking for cake ideas. Lincoln has a little monkey that he has had since birth that he uses when he sucks is thumb. So that is why we chose the monkey cake. I thought it turned out great. Thanks to here for the cake idea, here for the frosting (this is my friend's blog and it was AMAZING frosting - Thanks Lisa), and here for the fondant (I used this for the mouth since I am not very good at frosting cakes).



Lincoln LOVED the cake and eating it.



Present and more presents.



The cousins even got to help open some of the gifts.

2 comments:

Julie said...

That cake is ADORABLE!!! As well as your sweet 1 year old. That went so fast! I can't wait to meet him in the next couple weeks!!

Kelley said...

agreed ... linc and cake both look awesome :)