Sunday, October 23, 2011

It's a PARTY

Last night we threw our first ever Halloween party.  We had such a blast.  We had lots of food and games.  Grant has been so excited since we handed out the invitations. 

I spent most of yesterday putting up the decorations and the boys were in awe.  G kept asking me, 'mom are you getting ready for the party?'

I put hanging balloons all around the family room and in the kitchen over the food.  I just used fishing line to attach everything.  I used my banister and my blinds to attach the fishing line (no tape and no holes in the wall).  It worked out great.  Of course the kids loved to jump up and hit the balloons. 
 


For the food I made broccoli cheese soup and a pumpkin soup.  To save time I just made the soup ahead and froze it and then pulled it out earlier in the day to thaw and then just heated it back up.  We also had mini grilled cheese sandwiches, mini caramel apples, and Swamp Water (green punch). 





We of course had to have a dress up party. Mike showed up with a costume a couple of weeks ago and that pushed me over the edge to actually put on a Halloween party. Grant and Linc were little pirates. I was a witch and of course Mike was a COP. He also monitored all the games which fit perfect with his costume.



The games. We had a balloon pinata (which looks like I didn't get a picture of). I put candy and prizes in balloons and then blew up the balloons and the kids had to throw darts at the balloons. We also had the mummy wrap, bobbing for apples, pumpkin carving, and the ball race which consisted of the kids pushing the ball around a pumpkin then back to their line without using their hands or feet.




2 comments:

Michelle said...

That is a super cute party. I am glad you all had fun! :)

Anderson's said...

What a fun party! I can't believe you did all that food by yourself!