Sunday, October 16, 2011

Spooktacular

update: Check out Ashley's blog post to see all the other entries and make sure you VOTE

A couple of weeks ago one of my friends posted some pics of her FALL porch display.  Of course it inspired me to get my porch up and running.  I set out to find some old crates and went to every antique store in Cottonwood, which there are a LOT, before I finally found what would work and was a reasonable price.  So I started to put up some decorations using my new found crates.  Then Ashley had to post this post.  I then of course had to add more things as the weeks went by and to make it my porch rather than a copy cat of Ashley's porch.

If you have ever been to Cottonwood then you know that pretty much the only store is Walmart which doesn't have a huge selection of decorations or crafting supplies.  Thankfully I made a trip to Mesa for a few days but I didn't have much time to run around and find some things.  But we made due with what we could find and thanks to Pinterest and all the great ideas that I found.

So here is the porch in all of its GLORY.
 

My boys love the bats and LOVE to touch them. They look so great hanging from the porch.


I made the garland with just some string and some pom poms that I got in the dollar bins at Joanns. 


We had to replace some of the pumpkins because they went missing.  My little friend named Lincoln LOVES the glitter pumpkins and would carry them around the house.  I would find them in random places around my house in hidden cupboards.  I still can't find one of them and I am not sure if somebody took it or if Lincoln found a great hiding place for it.




I already had the pillow in my house so I just added it to the porch. The wreath was only $2 to make. I had to buy a ring and then I had the tulle and the material and I just tied it around the ring.
 

9 comments:

Bethany said...

I love it! So creatively crafty!

Michelle said...

Way cute Jolynn!! I wish I had a porch. :)

brooke said...

Darling!

Molly said...

Visiting from Ashley's blog. Love the pom poms!!

Ashley said...

Okay I have so much to say--first, I think we have really similar taste, and second, I think you have really great taste!

No one ever notices the crates but I do--they are foundational to the other snazzier decor and I get that their role is not to shine, but yours are darling. Good find.

Your bats are cuter and more plentiful than mine. I wish mine were bigger.

Bennett loves to drag my glitter pumpkin around too! I'm surprised there's any glitter left.

I think your PDR is that chevron pillow. DARLING!

Fantastic work overall. Proud to have your work in the Spooktacular!

The Mostess said...

The crates are a great investment. You can use them a ton of different ways. They're super cute. Good find!

The ghostie luminaries are super cute.

The pompoms are adorable, as is the tulle wreath!

Gabbitas Family said...

Super cute. I made the same wreath, but didn't add fabric, cute idea.

Em said...

Just visiting to check out your cute display!

I LOVE your wreath the best. It is clever and adorable. So are the pom-poms and the pillow.

Unknown said...

Way cute, Jo! I love all of it. I thought I had a cute porch, but maybe not :/