Saturday, June 13, 2009

old FRIENDS

Last week I got to see one of my college friends that I met while were were on study abroad in Jerusalem. It was great to see her. She was actually visiting the Phoenix area on her book tour. She just published her second book called "Boyology"; it is actually a guide to help teen girls on dating. What girl doesn't need help with dating and boys!!! I sure wish that I had this book when I was a teenager. It would have helped a ton.


Mike, Grant, and I met Sarah and her husband Grant at the bookstore and I got to see Sarah in action. She was SO GREAT talking to the teens and answering all the teen questions about boys.


Everybody check her out because she is amazing http://sarahburningham.com/


The last week I have been thinking a lot about Jerusalem and all the fun things that Sarah and I experienced. We had so much fun together. It is just amazing the different directions our lives go and we can still remain friends with certain people.

Me and Sarah on one of our adventures

4 comments:

Laura B. said...

Okay, who knew Sarah was an author?! How fun!!!
Can you believe it's almost 10 years since jerusalem?? Sad!
Your family is so cute! Wish we could get together!!

lrbodine said...

That is really fun! I will always treasure my time in Jerusalem and the friendships I made there. Speaking of which - we really need to get together at some point since we live so close to each other....

Lachelle

Ashley said...

No way--that's so fun you are still in touch!

I have that same shot with Baghdadi. Oh, this is making me nostalgic! I'm so glad we found each other again!

Jolynn said...

Sarah and I have kept in touch somewhat. We email back n forth some but lately it has been more requently. She lives in NY with her husband. They bought a place in Queens last Aug. So they will probably stay there for a little while.