Tuesday, June 16, 2009

We had a fun Family Home Evening over at the Gabbitases'. We grilled burgers and ate, then G and Taylor each got a kid-sized popsicle to eat out on the porch. Then we went down to the pool for the show.

As you can see, G is stupid awesome. That last jump on the vid was his first where he actually jumps, gets some space between him and the earth, then lands in the pool and goes clear to the bottom. You can kind of tell I got a touch nervous for a second. He didn't even notice it. He couldn't wait to try it again.

It'll be interesting to see how G handles the ocean when we go to Oceanside with my family during the week leading up to the Fourth. I think it'll kick his butt. But I also think he'll love it. Stay tuned.

You'll also notice I wear a rashguard while swimming now. I have two of them that I got for my birthday. It's lighter than a t-shirt and dries faster. I love it. I would definitely recommend it to my brothers, and by "brothers" I mean all men everywhere, but especially my brothers. We got none of Dad's brains and all his talent for weak facial hair and flabby pastiness.

But we make some pretty good kids. So all you fellas with beards and bods can eat it.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

oh-my-gosh! my baby is only a few weeks younger than Grant & I cannot see him doing this!! He is for sure a FISH! :) What an adorable baby you have.

Mom of four said...

That's not stupid awesome, that's wicked awesome!! What a cute kid.

Gabbitas Family said...

And to all those who watch this video - the kids HOLDS HIS BREATH under water too! I want to watch Grant swim again, we had a blast with you guys!

Susanne said...

Yeah, he got a mite bit close to the edge of the pool but WOW what a show. Of course there was no reason for him to worry 'cause you were right there with a supportive hand and an encouraging smile. You are such a great dad, Mike.

Hey, do you think Grant will do it again in a couple of months for us in our new pool? We'll invite the Gabbitases too!

Susanne said...

Ha ha ha ha! I just watched it again!

Ashley said...

So cute. . . and I am totally getting my husband a rashgaurd! (No offense to him . . . but it's brilliant for all the reasons mentioned!)

Jolynn said...

Ash, you make me laugh!!!!!!! I was reading your blog earlier today and I totally for got that you say "Oh snap". Now that brings back memories along with your Diet Coke habbit.