Thursday, August 20, 2009

oH the pLagUe

While we were in Utah our family picked up some kind of bug. We aren't sure what it is but it has been brutal. Mike has 2 ear infections and a pretty bad cough. Grant threw up for 3 days and now has diarrhea. I have been having some stomach issues too, but not nearly as bad as Grant.

So to say the least this week has been quite eventful. However, we have managed to get some laughs out of it.

Funny things Grant has said/did this week:
While taking a trip to get out of the house Mike took Grant to Bass Pro. When they were looking at the boats Grant said "Bubbles". (Grant currently loves bubbles and will shake his sippy cup so he can see bubbles.) Mike thought it was kind of strange so he asked Grant, "where are the bubbles?" Grant in turn points to his belly and then says "Ut-oh". Mike knew that probably wasn't a good sign and was hoping to make it home without a big mess in the car. However, the car seat needed a deep cleaning.

Grant now knows that you get bubbles in your stomach when you have an upset stomach. He has now said "Bubbles" for his belly a couple of times.

Funny things I get from Mike:
I received the following email from Mike earlier this week.

Subject Line: Ano

He just sat on my head and wet farted! It's bad. It's really really bad.

And I received the following email from Mike yesterday.

Subject Line: I need a Hazmat suit

He did four hours. When I went in to get him I almost passed out. Poor guy.

I later called home to find Grant having a bubble bath and Mike having changed all of Grant's sheets and blankets.


So to say the least we have had quite the eventful week.

4 comments:

Gabbitas Family said...

Not fun. Maybe we just need to meet up at the reception. I hope you guys feel better soon!!!

Unknown said...

OH, yuck! I am so sorry. We just had the stomach bug this past weekend...it's goin' round! Good luck!

Michelle said...

Oh no fun!! I am so sorry. I hope that all of you are starting to feel better!

Susanne said...

That kid is so cute--and smart. Bubbles in his belly. Smart.