Sunday, January 17, 2010

How old are you? TWO

Today was Grant's birthday. I can't believe that it has been 2 years since Grant came to live with us. Time has flown by. Grant is such a joy to have around and Mike and I want to eat him up most days.

Here are a couple of things I love about Grant:
1. He likes me to kiss his arms. It all started because he had these chubby little arms and I would kiss them all the time. He now holds them up for me to kiss and I usually have to kiss both arms before I am done.

2. His new thing right now when he wakes up in the morning is to sit in his bed and yell "Mommy and Daddy" until we go get him. And most of the yelling is at the top of his lungs. He doesn't care that he can climb out of his bed by himself for some reason he wants us to come and get him.


Birthday Celebration

We just had a couple of family members over to celebrate. Grant didn't really care that it was his birthday. However, he did start to get excited once the presents and cake were pulled out.
Grant got another train and lots of cars. He carried Lighting McQueen around all night. I think it was his favorite car. He really did care about the other 15 cars he got.
(Cars seem to disappear at our house it must eat them or Grant must eat them.)

Grant getting ready to blow out his candles. He tried really hard but still needed help from Grandma Kellis.

This is the cake Grant couldn't keep away from once I put it on the table. Most of the pictures I took had a little arm or finger in the cake. He just could resist.


He finally discovered the chocolate rocks. Yes, they were his favorite. I wouldn't let him eat them and then once he saw Grandpa take them Grant started to grab them by the handfuls. At that point he didn't care about his presents because he had rocks to eat.

Oh so excited for the train cake.
(PS I didn't edit ANY of the pictures - so sorry if they are bad.)

8 comments:

Susanne said...

That cake ROCKS! Great job Jolynn. It turned out super cute.

Meedy said...

Adorable Cake! Happy Birthday Grant!

Michelle said...

That is one cute cake!! Great job Jolynn!! Happy Birthday Grant!

Julie said...

Awe! I can't believe it either! It goes by way fast!

Cute cake!! My boys would luv that! adorable

Unknown said...

How fun! Happy Birthday to Grant & to think he won't be your "baby" soon. SAD! He's adorable :)

Ralina said...

The cake turned out adorable. Great job. I love it. Happy 2nd Birthday to Grant Boy!

Dianne said...

I had no idea you were such a talented baker! Nice work. Give Grant lots of love from me!

Kasey Strong said...

That cake is awesome! You are such a cute mom. Way to go.