Monday, January 3, 2011

December Run Down

The month of December got away from us. We had lots of things going on.

December 4th
We attended the Cottonwood Christmas Parade in the morning. Grant loved getting the candy and was completely encouraged by his parents to run in the road to retrieve his treasures.





Later that night we attended the Ledbetter Kids Christmas party. We got to see Santa and go for a carriage ride around Old Town Cottonwood. Grant has NO fear of Santa at all. When Santa showed up Grant was just walking out of Mike's office and went up to Santa and said "Hi Santa, my name is Grant." Grant then put his hand out to shake Santa's hand. Mike's boss witnessed the whole thing and thought it was hilarious.



New Sleeping Arrangements

Lincoln has found himself a new sleeping position.




December 18th - The BIG Move

We officially moved on December 18th. A huge thanks to everybody that helped. Mike was a trooper. He loaded most of the truck on Friday night with help from his dad. So on Saturday morning we didn't have too much left to do. We slept the night at the Kellis' house. I went and got the boys around 9 and brought them back home and Grant went in his room and said, "Where's my bed and my toys?" I told him they were in the big truck outside and that we were taking them to our new house in Cottonwood. I am not sure he understood because as I was finishing up a few last last minute things he kept asking me if he could watch a DBD (DVD). I asked him where the TV was and he would look and ask me back where it was.

As Mike was getting ready to leave in the truck Grant was having a pretty rough time and didn't want Mike to leave. I think all the change was getting to him. So to prevent Mike from leaving he stood in the door way.



CHRISTMAS Comes Early

We got a few things unpacked before we headed to Utah for Christmas. Since we didn't have much of a Christmas season I thought it would be fun to have some Christmas things amongst all the boxes in our new house.

Grant and I made a Gingerbread house. Lincoln even helped a little by grabbing the roof and making sleigh tracks with his little fingers.



We also had a mini Christmas before we left so we didn't have to take as many toys just to bring them back home. Grant even helped me decorate the mini Christmas tree.


(Don't mind Mike's hair I guess he had a long day at work.)







Grant showing off his glasses that came with his DVD of Despicable Me. He loves the glasses and frequently asks me to put them on him.



Christmas in UTAH

After only 5 nights in our house we headed to Utah and left our mess of boxes behind. I guess we were a little crazy but oh well.

We celebrated Christmas Eve at my mom's house with my whole family and we even had a nativity.






(Grant and Conlin fighting because Grant wanted to sit down but Conlin was Joseph so he gets to sit by Mary.)

Christmas Morning before the chaos started.



We had a Christmas party at my dad's the day after Christmas and the kids had a blast running around in his dance room.

Grant got to spend LOTS of time with his cousins. It is so great to have so many little babysitters to watch/play with the boys.

December 29th

We headed home in the middle of a snow storm. The roads actually weren't too bad until we got to Panguich. Our ride from Panguich and just past Kanab was pretty rough. Thankfully I was asleep with the boys in the back seat and Mike did a great job driving without having a back seat driver.

We hit another storm just north of Flagstaff but the roads were ok still. However, we hit some traffic in Flagstaff and come to find out I-17 had been shut down because of the snow. By that time is was almost 6:00 and we were being routed off the freeway. We quickly found the nearest hotel knowing the road wouldn't be open anytime soon.

We did finally make it home late afternoon on the 30th once they opened up the roads.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Your house looks awesome!! And I don't think you were crazy to leave shortly after moving. It meant that you could enjoy Christmas without stressing about unpacking. I hope that all is going well now!