Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Entry & Great Room

Here is your SECOND tour which includes the entry way and the great room/living room. (Don't worry more will come later.)

The entry way leading into the Great Room.


The table that seems to be the dumping ground for when Mike comes home from work. It was clean at one point. Don't mind the other things on the floor (the box is Grant's shoes that I just bought that are too big and the metal pieces need to be hung somewhere around the house).


We have a large Great Room and we aren't sure what to do with all the space. The toys have taken over part of it and I need to figure something out soon. SUGGESTIONS PLEASE..........




Toys and more toys....




Now you get to see it when it is mostly clean..(with two little boys puttering around).

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It's so pretty, Jo! My suggestion would be to get organizer cubes or a trunk to go along the wall below the stairs. Make it "feel" like it's their area. I don't know what else I'd do, I have this same problem in my house, except WAY less space for them to do it. :/

Oh! And I have a "dumping ground" that Josh uses as well, I think it's a guy thing. I hate it.

Susanne said...

That great room really is GREAT! You did a great job of dividing up area. I agree with Kr!sty--you just need a way to organize and contain the toys and it will be great.

I had one friend who found matching white square wicker baskets to put on shelves all over her great room. I didn't even know there were toys in that room until the kids started pulling the baskets out.

Also, you probably should expect toys to be scattered around most of the time--it is just a season of life that will eventually pass. Somehow I was able to train Luke to pick up one toy before getting out another--he doesn't have any younger siblings, though, which makes a HUGE difference.

I love the diagonal tile and you did a great job with the table even if it is a clutter magnet.

Lisa Mc said...

Jolynn,
Your house is darling. Thanks for the tour. My biggest suggestion is to go to Ikea and buy the Expedit book shelf for $69.99. Turn it on its side and buy 8 baskets. It is a great storage solution for toys and one that your boys can easily access. THe best part is that it is inexpensive but well made! Good luck with everything!!
Love, Lisa

Jamie W. said...

Love the house!! Wish we could do playgroup there : ) Have fun decorating it.