Friday, February 11, 2011

Kitchen & Dining

I can't tell you how much I {LOVE} my kitchen. It is big and open and I have a ton of counter space. The one bad thing about a ton of counter space is things tend to get left on the counter which I really don't like. It took me weeks after we moved it to get the island cleaned off from just random stuff.





We also have carpet in our dining room. Not sure why they just didn't continue the tile. It just doesn't work well with kids because of all the spills. I think we will end up replacing it with hardwood.


Yep, the junk ZONE. It is the dumping ground for everything right now. I made an attempt to get it clean yesterday. The problem was that the office wasn't completely set up so papers/bills got piled there along with a few other items. I am hoping to have it cleaned off today.

(Can I also tell you how much I had electrical cords showing. I hate I hate I hate. I wish everything was just wireless so I didn't have to worry about the cords showing or my kids pulling on the cords. Does anybody have any tips or tricks on hiding cords?)




Oh and we have track lighting. I think we will have to replace that soon.

2 comments:

The Spratt's said...

Awesome kitchen!!! Love the cabinets! For the cords you could try these cord concealers.

http://www.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=21181

Stephanie

Unknown said...

Cute! I was just going to comment about a cord concealer! I have one & LOVE it. They come as fancy or plain as you can imagine. And p.s. counters will ALWAYS get crap dumped on them. Remember how I told you Josh had a dumping zone? yep, it's on my kitchen counter x 2. :/